SPG’s veteran assessors receive specialized training to ensure that evaluations are comprehensive, individualized and educationally relevant. All evaluations typically include school-site observations, teacher/parent interviews, a review of records as well as standardized and alternative assessment measures.
- Receptive and expressive language
- Voice and Fluency
- Including Spanish, Arabic, French, Mandarin and Cantonese, just to name a few
- Evaluators take special precautions to assess skills in both languages in order to differentiate between speech or language delays (due to second language acquisition) and disorders.
AUGMENTATIVE AND ALTERNATIVE COMMUNICATION (AAC) ASSESSMENTS
- Determine need and readiness for AAC
- Match student skill level with AAC device features
- Develop AAC participation plans for effective use in classroom
- Provide communication partner training & assistance with procuring/customizing devices
ALTERNATIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) ASSESSMENTS
- Determine need and readiness for AT
- Match student skill level with AT accommodations
- Provide classroom training & assistance with procuring/customizing equipment
INDEPENDENT EDUCATIONAL EVALUATIONS (IEES)
- Include assessment, evaluation report and attendance at IEP meeting (if requested)
- Conducted by experienced, Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEPs)
- Includes gathering developmental, family, school, social-emotional, and health histories, as well as administration and interpretation of standardized and alternative tests.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses to help IEP teams determine eligibility for special education services as well as specific suggestions and recommendations for a student to achieve their full potential.
Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- BCBAs conduct comprehensive Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) using a variety of techniques and strategies to identify the purposes of specific challenging behaviors
- Determine appropriate interventions to directly address these behaviors.
Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- Our BCBAs design and oversee the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) based on the results of an FBA
- Our BCBAs craft comprehensive user-friendly BIPs that focus on teaching and rewarding positive behaviors.