SPG’s Behavior Intervention team offers comprehensive services with the goal of minimizing challenging behaviors while maximizing skill acquisition.
One-to-One Student Support
Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) support students one-on-one during the school day by implementing evidenced-based, data-driven behavior treatment plans, under the close and ongoing supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Once an RBT is assigned to a student in a district, they are supervised at least 10-15 hours per month by their BCBA supervisor, depending on the complexity of the case. RBTs are well versed in data collection, and are issued tablets/laptops for this purpose. All of SPG’s RBTs meet with our BCBAs every other week for case review and continuing education purposes.
SPG’s team offers the following types of assessments:
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs)
BCBAs oversee the implementation of indirect and direct services. Their specific responsibilities include:
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and other related academic and behavior programs
- Creating materials necessary for targeting academic and behavior goals, such as visual schedules, first-then boards, token economy systems, reinforcements, etc.
- Providing initial training and ongoing analysis and consultation to support students and their school teams
- Analyzing and interpreting data and modifying plans accordingly
- Completing written reports to document student progress
Classroom Consultation Services
The Speech Pathology Group offers classroom consultation services to autism and other academic programs for students with behavior management needs. These services include:
- Creating a consistent class schedule
- Embedding evidence-based practices into the program
- Providing behavior support to students
- Developing meaningful curriculum to meet each student’s goals and objectives