Presented by SPG Clinical Supervisors (3 hrs)
The Communication Severity Scales (CSS) are guidelines for the IEP team to consider in determining the type, frequency, duration, and location of speech/language services.
This workshop will share the system the North Inland LSH Workgroup has developed to address the following:
1) Ever-growing caseloads;
2) Individualized determination of therapy services needed;
3) Concerns with students missing classroom instruction;
4) Consistent identification of students who have a significant speech/language disability;
5) English Language Learners: worksheets and resources;
6) NEW: Complex Communication Needs and an Informal Pragmatic/Social Language Assessment are now included as part of the CSS.
* Users of the newly revised CSS must participate in training in order to use the updated version.