Presented by SOS 4 Students (2 hrs)
Workshop key topics:
1. Demystifying a student’s speech and language issues for the mainstream classroom teachers.
2. Helping the teacher understand how the students issues may manifest in a particular classroom setting or given certain kinds of lessons and assignments.
3. Setting up an ongoing communication system to identify breakdown points for the student and a tool box of strategies that are easy for the teacher to implement.
4. Incorporating the student in the consult when appropriate to help understand issues and generate accommodations.
5. Ways SLP can be an asset to the teacher through advising on tools and strategies where there are high demands on organization and receptive and/or expressive language.