NATIONAL STUDENT SPEECH-LANGUAGE AND HEARING ASSOCIATION (NSSLHA) AND GRADUATE STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
Becoming a NSSLHA member is the first step in becoming an advocate for persons with communication disorders. It also represents professionals devoted to acquiring knowledge of current affairs and up-to-date methodologies.
The Speech Pathology Group offers one-hour SLP guest speaker presentations on a number of relevant topics to NSSLHA Region 10 members, NSSLHA groups, and university graduate classes in the Bay Area. We offer several presentation topics that will help to prepare NSSLHA graduate students in the field of speech-language pathology and speech and hearing science. Our most popular free presentation to graduate students is on how to navigate through the CF year.
If you are interested in scheduling a SLP Guest Speaker to come to your university and speak to your NSSLHA group, contact email@example.com for further information.
The Speech Pathology Group supports Region 10’s missions of forging professional relationships, facilitating the transition from NSSLHA membership to becoming a member of ASHA and providing entry into the speech-language pathology profession.
In addition to offering free SLP guest speaker presentations, SPG has had the privilege to donate to and sponsor the following:
- NSSLHA luncheon at the California Speech and Hearing Association Convention for more than three years!
- Contributor to Sacramento State University’s Maryjane Rees Language, Speech and Hearing Center campaign to provide workspace, tools and innovative laboratories that allow for enhanced learning and the development of critical thinking through practice and cutting edge research.
- NSSLHA Experience at 2014 ASHA Convention by providing 2,000 Dry Erase Door Hangers for NSSLHA Attendees.
- San Francisco State University NSSLHA “Inclusion for All” Conference sponsor, April 2013.
- San Jose State Communicative Disorders and Sciences Department Career Fair annual sponsor.
SPG’s comprehensive team of specialists are willing and eager to share their expertise and can provide excellent opportunities for graduate students to expand their clinical and academic training to professional settings outside the university. Students are paired with our experienced, licensed and certified speech-language pathologists for top-notch mentoring and supervision. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on how to arrange your externship experience.